September 11th Public Holiday
As you will be aware September 11th is Polling Day and as a result is a Public Holiday. The School will be closed on this day.
As mentioned last week. All parents should by now have received log in details of the school's ManageBac site. Returning parents have the same log in as last year.
For the first time this week I have also sent out my Email about this blog via ManageBac.
All parents in our system should have received this. If you did not it would indicate that:
1. The email we have for you on ManageBac is incorrect.
2. The emails are going into your Junk Mail.
You can log in to ManageBac via the link to the school's website.
It is very important that you ensure that the contact information we hold for you on Managebac is up to date as this is where we look in order to make contact with you.
- Click on the profile tab and check that the contact information the school holds about you is correct and make any changes or additions as required.
- Check that all of your children are linked to your profile section
- Please drop an email to ES Office if you have made a change so that we can double check we hold the correct information for you on all systems.
Mr Gallagher has created this video to help you use ManageBac https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgOr4z9GiRk
If you have had any difficulty logging in or have not received your log in details please email: email@example.com
ESL Coffee Morning
The ESL teachers at ISS will be holding a Coffee Morning on Tuesday morning, 1st September at 8am until 9:15am in the Multi-Purpose Room on the 3rd floor to which everyone is invited. We will explain how ESL works in the Elementary School at ISS.
You can sign up to this event via the ESL Blogs:
Teaching and Learning in the PYP
Please view this video invitation to the ES Teaching and Learning Coffee Morning on Tuesday 8th September from Ms Skrtic. This should be a fun and interactive event giving you an insight into the types of teaching and learning that happen at ISS
Please complete this form by Wednesday, Sept. 2nd if you will attend so that we have an idea of what type of numbers to cater for.
Sports Day Friday 18th September
Please note that Sports Day is on Friday 18th September @ Clementi Stadium. I will put more information (including a map) in next week's Blog but please be aware of the format of the day.
- Students will arrive at school as usual on this day and will then be bused to Clementi Stadium
- The day’s activities will finish @ 11:30 a.m. Parents can collect their children from Clementi Stadium between 11:30 am and 12 noon.
- There will be no formal school or lunch service at school in the afternoon.
- Parents are more than welcome to attend, however parents will need to make their own way to Clementi Stadium.
- We need parent volunteers to help run the event please contact Mr Nathan if you can help out.
If you are unable to collect your child from the Clementi Stadium and you wish them to travel back to ISS on a bus you must email firstname.lastname@example.org prior to 12 noon on Thursday 10th September. We need this deadline for the organization of buses. Students returning to school will be supervised by Mr Pinchbeck and then go home their normal way at the end of the school day.
Monday 31st August: PTA meeting 1:15pm in the MPR
Tuesday 1st September: ESL Coffee morning 8:00 am MPR
Tuesday 1st September: Grade 1 trip to Tekka Centre, Bukit Timah Road
Friday 4th September: 4.3's Assembly 12:55 pm and 1:40 pm
Tuesday 8th September: Teaching and Learning in the PYP 8:00am in the MPR
Friday 11th September: Public Holiday School Closed
Friday 18th September: Sports Day 8:00 am - 11:30 am