The PTA has two imminent events. On Monday the PTA meeting will take place (see poster above) and on Sunday 13th March, Noon to 4 pm, the annual PTA Fun Fair will take place at Paterson Campus. I greatly look forward to seeing many parents at both of these events.
Supporting Learning at Home with Approaches to Learning March 1, 2016 8-9 am
'There is strong consensus, supported by a variety of evidence dating from over 40 years, that positive parental engagement can and does significantly influence student academic attainment.' (p8 of the report linked above)
To help facilitate this at ISS Ms Skrtic will be hosting a coffee morning information session on Tuesday in the MPR about supporting learning at home.
The session should be both informative and a good chance to socialise with other parents.
I would also like to take this opportunity to remind parents that they can get information on what is happening in the classes at ISS via the following links:
- The Elementary School Classroom blogs will give you a window into the great learning happening at ISS every day.
- ManageBac will give you an overview of the Units of Inquiry for the year.
- For more details about the PYP, please see the IB website
- For more detail on the curriculum at ISS, please review our curriculum documents here.
- In addition the Parent Handbook, which you can view by clicking on the tab at the top of this page, gives you a wealth of Parent information.
The PYP Exhibition is coming upon us fast and Grade 5 are being very active, using their learning to take actions to improve their world.
One group, inspired by issues related to animal cruelty, is aiming to raise awareness of these issues by creating a giant elephant sculpture from plastic bottles.
If you have any old plastic bottles for recycling could you please bring them into school for this group to use.
Monday 29th February: PTA Meeting ,1:00 to 2:25pm MPR
Tuesday 1st March: Supporting Learning at Home with Approaches to Learning 8 am to 9 am MPR
Tuesday 1st March: K1.1 Field Trip
Wednesday 2nd March: K1.2 Field Trip